ABOUT THE ASSOCIATE
The Associate will serve a key role to JobsFirstNYC’s projects and in bridging the relationship between the organization, employers, community-based partners and policy makers. The Associate will plan, report on and document the progress of projects to advance JobsFirstNYC’s successful execution of our values and mission.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Mission: JobsFirstNYC is a New York City-based intermediary that creates and advances solutions to break down barriers and transform the systems supporting young adults and their communities in the pursuit of economic opportunities.
Vision: JobsFirstNYC seeks to create a dynamic, inclusive New York City that advances economic mobility for all young adults and the communities they call home.
Impact: JobsFirstNYC has a proven record working across multi-stakeholder systems to reduce the number of young adults who are out of school and out of work and to strengthen the workforce development capacity in communities. We are a leading voice on policies and best practices, advancing awareness and garnering support for systems change to benefit young people.
JobsFirstNYC’s achievements are demonstrated through our initiatives which successfully challenge the status quo, develop new models and partnerships that produce better outcomes, increase and leverage resources, and drive a larger discourse that can implicitly and explicitly transform entire systems. We work with more than 160 organizations and institutions across New York City and State. Our partnerships have reconnected over 6,000 out-of-school, out-of-work young adults to economic opportunities. Our solutions have collectively raised and leveraged nearly $30M of public and private investment and developed new models for place-based solutions that have been replicated and integrated across the workforce system.
Collaborate across organizational practice streams to leverage cross-portfolio project opportunities and organizational partnership.
- Gather, analyze, and communicate information to support the development and management of the Work Solutions portfolio and to achieve goals.
- Conduct research, specifically on workforce, labor market and economic development, to inform portfolio development and pilot new practices and models.
- Liaison to project stakeholders and coordinate partner and stakeholder relationships.
- Develop and/or cultivate relationships and rhythms with key stakeholders, such as recurrent meetings and actions.
- Produce written summaries and papers for internal and external communication of outcomes.
- Develop and manage project schedules and portfolio planning to support key deliverables.
- Create and assist in the publication of reports, papers and technical assistance tools to highlight the learnings from active projects or issues important to advancing mission and vision.
- Identify opportunities to develop and execute public convenings to highlight the work of the agency and share successful practice with the workforce development field.
- Continuously monitor key metrics.
- Produce materials for use by the organization in its engagement with investors, policymakers, employers, media and nonprofit organizations.
- Collaborate with other staff members to complement efforts related to conducting research and analysis on policy issues as they pertain to major employment engagement and economic development initiatives, including lessons learned through the results of our work.
- Support team projects.
WHO ARE YOU?
- Clear and persuasive communicator.
- Active listener and notetaker.
- Clear and informative writer.
- Comfortable with public speaking.
- Works well in a fast-paced environment.
- Punctual to meetings and responsive to inquiries.
- Understands business implications of decisions, aligns work with strategic goals, and develops strategies to achieve organizational goals.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Displays passion and optimism.
Qualifications: Minimum of two years of professional/post-collegiate experience in workforce and economic development and/or employer cultivation engagement to include corporate recruiting, human resources, and career development. Strong knowledge of the NYC workforce and economic development systems. Exemplary written and verbal communications skills, and relationship management skills.
Currently, JobsFirstNYC is on a hybrid schedule. All team members work from home three days per week and in JobsFirstNYC’s office two days per week. The schedule will be modified based on the progress of COVID-19.
JobsFirstNYC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
To apply for this position, please send a letter of interest, salary expectations, and a resume in PDF format only to: firstname.lastname@example.org